Friday, April 10, 2009

A Trip to the Nursery...


Yesterday a friend and I made our traditional first trip to the nursery for the year. When we got there we discovered that as part of our local Tulip Festival they were also having an art exhibit - what could be better - all those gorgeous plants AND we got to look at art too! I was inspired by one of the watercolor artists there who does really beautiful floral paintings. So I snapped several photos of different fruits and flowers and couldn't wait to get home and try one in a simlar style. Still using the beautiful cold press watercolor paper I recently got I masked out the fruit and leaf shapes and put in the background colors with layers of wet on wet watercolor - then after that was completely dry I worked on the fruit and leaves. I want to try another one with some camelia or orchid photos I took while I was there...so many things to paint so little time . Who was it that said "Art is Long Life is Short"...

No comments: