Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blog Award


Thanks Dominique for the "A Passion for Painting" award! I really appreciate it - especially coming from a great artist like you.
Here are 7 things I like:
1. Of course - all things visual - the beauty of nature from the sunrise on this beautiful bay I live on to the soul in my dog's eyes - I love it all.
2. The gift of friendship. I'm so blessed by having good friends that rejuvenate and replenish me. I include the friendship of my family - which I cherish.
3. The power of music. Nothing else can move me quite like music can - it resonates somewhere very deep in my soul.
4. The power of words. I'm also greatly moved and inspired by the depth of emotion and inspiration to be found in words - both written and spoken.
5. Food. I've recently found a new appreciation for fresh locally produced food. It is so worth it to me to drive a few extra miles to get really good tasting and good for you kind of organic produce. We have a co-op about half an hour from here and I'm really loving discovering what they have to offer.
6. Art supplies - my studio looks like an art store - each medium has its own unique and wonderful quality that I can't get enough of.
7. Animals - since I was a little girl I have had a connecting bond with animals that is beyond explanation. Just looking in their sweet eyes and experiencing the generosity of their souls can move me to tears.

No comments: